Family Petition

Form I-130, Petition for Family Relative

Form I130 is used by citizen or lawful permanent residents of the United States who needs to establish their relationship to certain relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States and obtain a family based green card.

Please reach out to me for assistance with this process.

Immigration Consultant Pic

Updated information available here:

Documents to be provided along with your application. 

  • Evidence of U.S. citizenship, lawful permanent residence, or U.S. national status:
  • Evidence of family relationship with one of the following:
    • Spouse: A copy of your marriage certificate
      • Evidence you or your spouse terminated any prior marriages (if applicable)
    • Child: A copy of your child’s birth certificate(s)
    • Parent: A copy of your birth certificate
    • Brother/Sister: A copy of the birth certificate for you and your sibling
  • Evidence of the bona fides of the marriage, if petitioning for a spouse
  • Proof of legal name change (if applicable)
  • Two passport-style photographs (if applicable)

If you are filing Form I-130 for your adopted child

  • Evidence of U.S. citizenship:
  • Evidence of family relationship, such as a final adoption decree
  • Evidence you have had legal custody of the adopted child for two years
  • Evidence you have had joint residence with the adopted child for two years
  • DO NOT SEND Graphic photos of childbirth or intimate relations as evidence of a relationship or marital bona fides.